Monday, September 13, 2010

So...what's next?

Aright, I had my appointment today with the head doc and he said "You seem to have done the research and you seem to have a good support system in place.  Do you understand that this is a permanent life changing event?"
I told him that I do and he understood and agreed that I should be acceptable to the surgery and understand the issues that come with it.

So what do I have to look forward to now?  I have no idea.  Truly I don't quite know what to expect.  I've given everything to my Dr. (by the way his name is Dr. Nick Nicholson) and the shrink will give his info to him tomorrow.

Well, at the final Dr. diet appointment I've gained 3lbs!!!  Well, that is mostly because I'm about to menstruate and I've got some water weight...last time I had my appointment around this time it was 5lbs...so he knew that was likely...so he thinks I lost two pounds and the other three is what shows as water.  I'll take it!  I figured I would have lost more because of all the walking I did in Boston back three weeks ago. (I haven't been watching my diet as much as I should have!)

So I will call Dr. Nick in a couple days and see what I should be doing.  I know it has been said to me that the surgery could be as early as 2 weeks after the last appointment with my DR....and then it could take the insurance company up to 30days to respond from submission.  I've been told that my insurance (Aetna) are quick at responding...we'll see... it's now time for me to do my big changes!

I have a Mt. Dew habit.  I'll admit it!  So my goal is to be off the dew by the surgery date...and drinking more water.  So I'm cutting it back further then I already have (6months ago I was drinking a case*24* in a week, now I'm down to about 10 in seven days).I would like to cut it back to 2 a day...then 1 a day...then none!  GOAL!!!!!!!  So today I've had 2...we will see how it goes.

Alright...I'm off to watch some TV.... Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment